Call for papers for the London Conference in Critical Thought 2015: Stream: ‘The Politics and Practices of Just Making Things’, organised by Ali Eisa (MA Visual Sociology alumni) and Phil Thomas (PhD Visual Sociology). Deadline for proposals for papers and non-traditional presentation: 16th March. More details below.
London Conference in Critical Thought 2015: Call for Papers
LCCT 2015: UCL 26-27 June 2015.
CFP DEADLINE: 16 MARCH 2015.
Central to the vision of the conference is an inter-institutional, non-hierarchal, and accessible event that makes a particular effort to embrace emergent thought and the participation of emerging academics, fostering new avenues for critically-oriented scholarship and collaboration.
The conference is divided into thematic streams, each coordinated by different researchers and with separate calls for papers, included in this document. We welcome paper proposals that respond to the particular streams below. In addition, papers may be proposed as part of a general stream, i.e. with no specific stream in mind. Spanning a range of broad themes, these streams provide the impetus for new points of dialogue.
- The Return of Actor Network Theory
- Art and its Externalities
- Bad Language, Wrong Signification
- Eating as Encounter
- Legacies of the Immaterial in the Arts and Practice
- The Politics and Practice of “Just Making Things”
- Music and Sound at Work
- Re-thinking Political Violence, Memory and Law
- The Digital 1: Noology and Technics: Algorithmic governmentality, automation and knowledge in the age of the digital economy
- The Digital 2: ‘Questioning the Digital’: Critical Approaches to Digital Worlds
- Theory Lessons: Theorizing the Classroom
- Radical Transfeminism
- Truthful Politics
Please send proposals for 20 minute papers or presentations, with the relevant stream indicated in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be no more than 250 words and should be received by the deadline of Monday 16 March 2015.
Participation is free (though registration will be required).